Word of the week #3
My #WotW word of the week this week is:
Man it’s been busy! Busy with work, busy with kids and busy with house.
- Washing machine to be fixed – Tick!
- Athena networking prep and event – Tick!
- Lots of design work for Britain’s Next Bestseller – Tick!
- Newsletter for Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs – Tick!
- Got money back from laundrette – Tick!
- Had play dates for Jonah here at the house on Monday and Tuesday – Tick!
- Leak under sink needs to be fixed – not yet!
- Boiler not working, needs to be fixed – hopefully today!
- Updated T&C for White Ochre Design – Tick!
- Paid HMRC – Tick!
- Lots of graphic design work for a Sussex family theme park – Tick!
- Design meeting with new client – Tick!
- Design meeting with client at her new art gallery (exciting!) – Tick!
- Feed neighbor’s cat – Tick!
- Made and decorated cupcakes for Jonah’s school cup and cake sale – Tick!
- Helped out at cup and cake sale at Jonah’s school – Tick!
- Parents’ evening at Anna Grace’s school – Tick!
- Arranged meeting with IFA to look at my pension (boring but essential) – Tick!
- Re-vamped charity website for a client with help from my junior website designer – Tick!
- Designed magazine advert for a client – Tick!
- Designed flyer for a client – Tick!
- Sent out invoices (or rather, tasked my administrator) – Tick!
- Designed website for USA based business – Tick!
- Blog post for White Ochre Design – Tick!
- Ordered prints of Jenny’s beautiful photos – Tick!
- Wrote a review for The Single Mum’s Survival Guide for my friend Vivienne Smith – Tick!
- Arranged kids’ activities for next week – Tick!
- Finalized First Aid Course I’ve organized for young people (happening next week!) – Tick!
- Started to read Taming the Tiger Parent for Tanith Carey, review to follow – Tick!
- Started to read The Expat Activity Book for Jodi Harris, review to follow – Tick!
- Sent out two design quotes to potential clients – Tick!
- Got pumpkins ready for carving next week – Tick!
- Got Halloween decs down from loft – Tick!
- Bought 3 birthday presents for Jonah’s upcoming birthday parties he’s been invited to – Tick!
- I’m sure there’s more but I’m too busy to remember *tongue in cheek*!
And today I will be doing more design work for my fabulous clients and planning my working week around the kids for next week when it’s half-term here in the UK (for State schools in Sussex at least).
Have a great weekend everyone.
I’m going to try and have some R&R on Sunday.
Meghan Peterson Fenn is the author of Bringing Up Brits and co-author of Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs with Heidi Mulligan Walker. Meghan is also the Director and Chief Designer at her own design company, White Ochre Design Ltd. And, she is an award winning expat blogger.