Popchips UK Get popped!
I sometimes get sent stuff to try out and then blog about, most of the time it is centered around American holidays which is fine by me! This year for Thanksgiving we got a huge box of Popchips, a relatively new type of potato chip that is hitting the UK by storm. They are now available in Tesco, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and many other UK retailers. Of course my children were thrilled by this and I had to physically prevent them from tearing the box and the bags of Popchips open and devouring them before I got a chance to try them out too. I really like the branding and the healthy aspect to them. Taste-wise, very very tasty! Overall, we really liked them and have bought more since trying them out. They are the perfect healthy alternative to potato chips, or crisps as my children call them. This is a little fact taken from their website explaining what they are.
never fried. never baked. our potato chips are popped (like popcorn). with all the flavour and less than half the fat of fried crisps and less than 100 calories per serving, you’ll taste why they’re winning awards (and acclaim) throughout america. www.popchips.co.uk/popchips/what-are-popchips/
Here is our main feedback and our observations while we were trying them out for the first time:
- Favorite flavor – Salt & Pepper
- Second fav flavor – Barbecue
- But all the flavors are really good apart from our least fav which was Original
- Dad said, “Amazing flavour”
- Good size, good texture
- 13 year old said, “need more in each packet”
- 11 year old said, “they are not as greasy as potato chips”
- 5 year old had trouble opening the bags
- They feel healthier than potato chips
- We can’t believe they are not baked or fried
- Love the shape
- Love the branding and design of them
- We’d love to see even more flavors – maybe a cheese one? As an alternative to Cheetos?
- Love the use of ‘chips’ in the name – now maybe I can get away with calling potato chips ‘chips’ and people will understand I don’t mean British style chips!
- Very happy with them, we think they will become even more popular than they already are
- Thank you very much Popchips team UK!
I’ve also been chatting to the Popchips UK team over Twitter.
Follow them on @popchipsuk
We want to ‘Pop it forward’ so I just thought of a little competition – leave a comment on this blog post, I will read them and choose my favorite comment and that person will receive 4 bags of Popchips in 4 different flavors in time for Christmas*.
*Delivery is subject to Royal Mail delivery service and will be sent to a UK address only. Comment entries close by end of day November 30th.
Meghan Peterson Fenn is the author of Bringing Up Brits and co-author of Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs with Heidi Mulligan Walker. Meghan is also the Director and Chief Designer at her own design company, White Ochre Design Ltd. And, she is an award winning expat blogger.