Liebster Awards: 11 Things You May Not Know About Me
I’ve been nominated for a blogging award! Amanda of Expat Life With a Double Buggy nominated me for a Liebster Award so here is my post with my 11 answers and also my nominations.
The Liebster award is assigned by other bloggers who like your blog and think it’s worth a shout out and some recognition.
The nominator poses 11 questions. The nominee answers them and then nominates another 11 bloggers and asks them 11 questions of their own and so the Award merry go round continues.
Here are Amanda’s questions, with my answers.
1. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Playing in the fields near our house in North Andover Massachusetts. I must have been about 3 years old. It’s like I can still smell the grass and the sun that day.
2. Favourite take away food?
We rarely get take away but when we do I prefer Indian. There’s something about living in Britain and experiencing Indian food here! Addictive.
3. If you had a day completely and utterly for yourself how would you spend it?
Now this is a tough one because I never have a day like this! The slob in me would say duvet day with popcorn and ‘Friends’ re-runs. My official answer is going for a horseback ride, grooming and bonding with my horse and connecting with such an amazing animal (I don’t have a horse, this would be the horse I’d ride in this fantasy).
4. Where do ideas come from for your blog posts?
From real life experiences. Things I learn from my children and from other people about living and raising children in Britain. Things I observe, mistakes I make, discoveries and things that surprise me.
5. Best thing you did in 2014?
Not sure I did anything that great in 2014. Perhaps successfully learned to project manage 3 children in 3 different schools. I think I got pretty good at that once the initial chaos forced me to become mega organized about it all. Oh and the other thing I’m quite proud of is my parent talk on Bringing Up Brits at the Egham International School.
6. What one thing are you determined to do in 2015?
Prioritize taking care of myself better physically. Eating better, more exercise. Making time for rest and recovery. This is something I haven’t done for many years and over Christmas I was really sick for what felt like a long time and I feel this was partially due to exhaustion.
7. Do you have siblings and if so are you the eldest, a middle child or youngest?
I have four siblings. I’m smack dab in the middle but I’m the oldest girl.
8. Favourite place to go for a short break away?
Prague or Rome. Would also love to go to Lisbon – not been there yet!
9. Best TV series you have ever watched?
Oooh tough one. Last year I might have said Breaking Bad. But now I’m going to say True Detective.
10. Do you journal?
Not now. I used to all the time pre-kids. I guess my blog is sort of my journal in a way.
11. Most amazing thing about your life right now?
Being a mother to a teenager, a pre-teen girl and a five year old at the same time. Life is never ever boring with this dynamic. It’s also a lot of fun because with the older two, we can do more stuff together that we all enjoy like seeing movies that are 12A at the cinema (not just PG ones) or going on rides together at Alton Towers, or following the same TV shows and communicating by Skype and WhatsApp. But we still get to do bedtime stories with our 5 year old and take him to the playground and do little kid stuff and have sleepy cuddles. Plus, as a parent you learn to be better in so many ways very quickly.
The 11 bloggers I nominate who deserve recognition are: (in no particular order.)
Cathy of Wandering Sheila
Moose of Moose Azim
Helen McClure of ExpatExplorers
Chantelle of Seychellesmama
Elfa of Californian Mum in London
Claire of UK Desparate Housewife USA
Sara of Mum Turned Mom
Jocelyn of The Reading Residence
Kim of Northumberland Mam
Pam of LeBlanc LeBlog
Debbie of Debs Random Writings
Please answer these 11 questions.
1. What’s your best meal that you can make?
2. iphone, Android, Blackberry or none?
3. When’s the last time you swam in the sea and when do you think you will swim in the sea again?
4. What is the funniest thing your child/children said to you in the past week?
5. What mistake did you make in 2014 that you’ve learned from?
6. What is the plan for 2015 that makes you smile the most. When do you hope to achieve this?
7. What is one of your cheats? (for example I sometimes buy ready-made cupcakes, instead of baking them, and then decorate them for school fairs)
8. What is your favorite type of day out with your family?
9. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google+ ? All of them? None of them? Some of them?
10. If you could raise your children anywhere in the world, where would that be?
11. What is your retail weakness? (for example mine is Cath Kidston bags)
Meghan Peterson Fenn is the author of Bringing Up Brits and co-author of Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs with Heidi Mulligan Walker. Meghan is also the Director and Chief Designer at her own design company, White Ochre Design Ltd. And, she is an award winning expat blogger.